We're so happy you care! I've had several people ask me, so I thought I'd fill you in! (And I've had a snort or two with an, "I wish I could take six weeks off!" and I know most of you understand we are not really taking 6 weeks off.)
1. Historically, the Dog Days of summer are really slow for our business. Most people escape to the lake or the beach or the pool, and don't really want to fire up the oven or the stove.
2. We need to evaluate and plan, and survey you! How can we better serve you? How can we become fiscally sustainable? The first rule of sustainability is economic viability. What's working and what's not? BIG QUESTIONS!
3. We need to get our fall gardening plans together. And we'd like to hold some fall gardening classes. Fall gardening is way more fun than summer gardening where we live!
4. We need to get our sheep ready for the breeding season. Believe it or not Sept. 1 starts our 2017 breeding season, and we have to trim hooves and vaccinate, and sort and plan our breeding groups.
5. We need to get our pastured turkey poults started.
6. We need to manage the height of chicken season, and get those broilers growing and harvested for you!
7. We need to repair the boardwalk and a few other maintenance type projects.
8. We need to plan our biggest Fall Farm Day to date!!
9. I need to get my youngest ready for 6th grade. He's going back into a classroom after homeschooling for 2 years.
10. I need to take my boys for a little adventure. Man, they have been working hard, and deserve a fun break!
Thank you so much for your patience. And those of you with health concerns, food allergies, and chemical sensitivities - we are always here for you!